Posted on

TUTORIAL – Mad March Hare: Green Devil Abandoned Toys

I found this toy rabbit after the flea market. It was really badly made, all of the features were glued on and it was stuffed with polystyrene! Horrible stuff. Had to make sure not to get it everywhere when I destuffed it.

Here he is before the transformation, with another toy I found the same day:

213285_17May16_Before.png
I stuck the skin through the washing machine and it gave it a really cool distressed look, all the fur matted together in clumps. I tried to dye it blue, but the fur is a high polyester blend so it didn’t really take, it just dulled down the bright pink and yellow nicely.

I’ve been wanting to sculpt an entire face for a while. I used Milliput 2 part epoxy clay to sculpt with and added resin teeth that I found on ebay. My mailman must get worried sometimes haha.

213285_17May16_dfcac689-0969-467f-bd90-f99814b818ce.jpg
I added a metal loop into the back of the features to sew them onto the face, then I used superglue to make them lay flatter and blend in more.

I added some applique card suits before I sewed him back up, and sewed some pipecleaners into his ears to make them pose-able and stand up.